GHG Verification (Auditing) Course
Course Title: Greenhouse Gas Verification of GHG Inventories and GHG Projects (ISO 14064-3)
Course Duration: Three days
Course Cost: £1,250
Course Dates LONDON, UK - August 23rd, 24th and 25th (Limited Places Remaining)
Email: email@example.com or call +44 207 397 8500
*** DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING COURSES. CONTACT CHARLES BURGESS FOR MORE DETAILS firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Why you should attend this course. Key benefits include:
- Objectively assessing your own competencies to conduct the verification.
- Establishing the verification scope, objectives, criteria and assurance.
- Carrying out of verification risk assesments.
- Assessing GHG information systems and controls.
- Identify risk types, Inherent Risk, Control Risk, or Detection Risk.
- Developing a verification plan.
- Evaluating GHG assertion against the agreed-upon verification criteria.
- Issuing the verification statement, including any qualifications.
Who should attend this course?
- Chartered Accountants.
- Professional Engineers interested in offering verification services
- Those involved in national and international regulated GHG programs.
This course was developed by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and is delivered by Carbon Action. Carbon Action is a leading provider of carbon training in the UK and has the exclusive rights to provide CSA developed training courses to ISO 14064, the ONLY globally recognised standard.
Attendees at this intensive course will receive in-depth validation and verification training on the ISO 14064-3 standard. This includes specific examples of how verification would be applied to a GHG inventory prepared according to the ISO 14064-1 or a project that conforms with the ISO 14064-2.
The programme covers:
- Quantification, monitoring and reporting requirements for greenhouse gas emissions and removals
- Measuring your organisation`s greenhouse gas inventory
- Creating a project to reduce your environmental impact through emission reductions and removals
- The requirements for quantifying, monitoring and reporting project under ISO 14064-2
GHG Verification using ISO 14064
Verification is the systematic, independent and documented process for the evaluation of a greenhouse gas assertion against agreed verification criteria. Verification provides an independent assessment of the data associated with a GHG inventory or project and typically offers an opinion on the accuracy of the estimates or measurements, thus giving confidence to others interested in the results.
Benefits of verifying your Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Compliance - demonstrates to external stakeholders that the footprint is transparent, credible and reliable. And assures reporting is accurate, relevant and consistent over time for internal management reporting
- Increase sales - differentiates you from competitors within your supply chain and supports tendering requirements
- Cost savings – avoid penalties for inaccurate reporting
- Manage reputational risk - demonstrates data is reliable and robust enough to withstand media scrutiny
- Improve corporate reputation – transparency gives confidence and re-assurance to stakeholders
- Attract investment - demonstrates integrity of your reporting system, controls and GHG data
- Work towards carbon neutrality - a proven best practice calculation allowing you to focus on the most efficient abatement programs and helps you to avoid purchasing more offset credits than necessary or indeed buying offsets which are not credible
Become Verifier Qualified
To achieve a Verification of your reported Greenhouse Gas emissions, training in GHG Verification using ISO 14064 Part 3 will be a powerful enabler in preparing your GHG report to an audit-ready and powerful statement of your organisation’s credibility and integrity.
When you hold an ISO 14064 Part 3 examination certificate you will be in an enhanced and technically powerful position to manage your organisation’s GHG reporting and achieve Verification.
Benefits of ISO 14064 training
- Achieving ISO 14064 training and certification is the optimum way to demonstrate your competence in GHG systems – both mandatory and voluntary schemes (EU ETS, UN CDM, UK MCP, and all other international schemes.
- Internationally recognized CSA / ISO certificate signed by the President of CSA.
- Gain an important competitive edge in the expanding carbon emissions industry.
- Add to your professional development.
- Benefit from the practical work based on real life GHG case studies, taught by experienced experts and certified by CSA.
- Become the recognised expert in your own workplace for GHG quantifications, Emission reduction projects and GHG Validation and/or Verification.
- Enable employers to be recognised for their proactive approach to sustainability and emissions management.
- Be part of a global expert community.
More information and booking
Find out more about this and other ISO 14064 courses, email email@example.com or telephone us today on +44 207 397 8500