GHG Project Validation (Auditing) Course
Course title: Validation of GHG Projects - Greenhouse Gas Validation - Using ISO 14064 Part 3 (ISO 14064 - 3)
Duration: 2 days
LONDON, UK - 2nd and 3rd March, 6th and 7th June 2016
Email email@example.com or call +44 207 397 8500
*** DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING COURSES. CONTACT CHARLES BURGESS FOR MORE DETAILS firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Why you should attend this course. Key Benefits include:
- Objectively assessing your own competencies to conduct validation.
- Establishing validation scope, objectives, criteria and assurance.
- Developing your validation plan.
- Assessing GHG information systems, controls and GHG documentation.
- Evaluating the GHG assertion against the agreed-upon validation criteria.
- Issuing your validation statement, including any qualifications.
Who should attend this course?
- Project developers – as it allows to prepare validation ready projects.
- Chartered Accountants.
- Professional Engineers interested in offering validation or verification services.
- Affiliated regulated entities and offset project developers.
This course was developed by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and is delivered by Carbon Action. Carbon Action is a leading provider of carbon training in the UK and has the exclusive rights to provide CSA developed training courses to ISO 14064, the ONLY globally recognised standard.
Course Outcomes / Aims
Attendees at this course will learn how to enter the emerging carbon trading marketplace. As carbon offset trading schemes and new government regulations increase, so will the need for qualified, independent GHG Validators. This Validator course is formulated to equip all attendees with the knowledge to ensure that your projects conform to the requirements of ISO 14064 and to the rules of the GHG program. This course builds on GHG Projects course (ISO 14064-2) and provides detailed training on the approach to validation using the ISO 14064-3 standard.
Material covered in the course includes
- Planning the GHG quantificationAssessing your own competencies to conduct the validation
- Establishing the validation scope, objectives, criteria and level of assurance with the client
- Establishing a materiality threshold for the validation
- Assessing the risks involved in a validation
- Developing a validation plan, including a sampling plan
- Assessing GHG information systems and controls
- Assessing the GHG documentation, data, information and emission reduction or removal
- estimates or measurements for the project
- Evaluating the GHG assertion against the agreed-upon verification criteria
- Issuing the validation statement, including any limitations that may be put on the statement
- Keeping records and addressing facts discovered after the
GHG Validation using ISO 14064
Validation is the systematic, independent and documented process for the evaluation of a greenhouse gas assertion against agreed validation criteria. It provides an independent assessment of the data associated with a GHG inventory or project and typically offers an opinion on the accuracy of the estimates or measurements, thus giving confidence to others interested in the results.
Benefits of ISO 14064 training
- Achieving ISO 14064 training and certification is the optimum way to demonstrate your competence in GHG systems – both mandatory and voluntary schemes (EU ETS, UN CDM, UK MCP, and all other international schemes.
- Internationally recognized CSA / ISO certificate signed by the President of CSA.
- Gain an important competitive edge in the expanding carbon emissions industry.
- Add to your professional development.
- Benefit from the practical work based on real life GHG case studies, taught by experienced experts and certified by CSA.
- Become the recognised expert in your own workplace for GHG quantifications, Emission reduction projects and GHG Validation and/or Verification.
- Enable employers to be recognised for their proactive approach to sustainability and emissions management.
- Be part of a global expert community.
More information and booking
Find out more about this and other ISO 14064 courses email email@example.com or telephone us today on +44 207 397 8500