Greenhouse Gas Validation using ISO 14064
Validation is the systematic, independent and documented process for the evaluation of a greenhouse gas (GHG) assertion in a GHG project plan against agreed validation criteria. Validation is normally performed for GHG emission reduction projects before they are implemented and it helps ensure that the project conforms to the requirements of a standard or the rules of a GHG program. This 2-day course will provide detailed training on the approach to validation using the ISO 14064-3 standard, with specific examples of how the validation approach would be applied to a project that conforms with the ISO 14064-2 standard or the requirements of the WRI/WBCSD GHG Project Protocol.
The course includes interactive team-based exercises, a detailed case study, (to reinforce key concepts throughout the course), and a final exam. The course can be adapted to address validation within the context of a given GHG program.
Duration: 2 days
Cost: £ 850
London, UK - March 23rd & 24th, 2017 - Limited Spaces Available
Dublin, Ireland - March 30th & 31st, 2017 - Limited Spaces Available
London, UK - April 25th & 26th, 2017 - Limited Spaces Available
Dublin, Ireland - May 24th & 25th, 2017 - Fully Booked
Dublin, Ireland - June 14th & 15th, 2017 - Fully Booked
London, UK - July 18th & 19th, 2017 - Limited Spaces Available
Email email@example.com or call +44 207 397 8500
*** DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING COURSES. CONTACT CHARLES BURGESS FOR MORE DETAILS firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Why you should attend this course- Key Benefits include:
· Objectively assessing your own competencies to conduct validation.
· Establishing validation scope, objectives, criteria and assurance.
· Developing your validation plan.
· Assessing GHG information systems, controls and GHG documentation.
· Evaluating the GHG assertion against the agreed-upon validation criteria.
· Issuing your validation statement, including any qualifications.
Who should attend this course?
· Project developers – as it allows to prepare validation ready projects.
· Chartered Accountants.
· Professional Engineers interested in offering validation or verification services.
· Affiliated regulated entities and offset project developers.
This course was developed by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and is delivered by Carbon Action. Carbon Action is a leading provider of carbon training in the UK and has the exclusive rights to provide CSA developed training courses to ISO 14064, the ONLY globally recognised standard.
Course Outcomes / Aims
Attendees at this course will learn how to enter the emerging carbon trading marketplace. As carbon offset trading schemes and new government regulations increase, so will the need for qualified, independent GHG Validators. This Validator course is formulated to equip all attendees with the knowledge to ensure that your projects conform to the requirements of ISO 14064 and to the rules of the GHG program. This course builds on GHG Projects course (ISO 14064-2) and provides detailed training on the approach to validation using the ISO 14064-3 standard.
Material covered in the course includes
· Planning the GHG quantification Assessing your own competencies to conduct the validation
· Establishing the validation scope, objectives, criteria and level of assurance with the client
· Establishing a materiality threshold for the validation
· Assessing the risks involved in a validation
· Developing a validation plan, including a sampling plan
· Assessing GHG information systems and controls
· Assessing the GHG documentation, data, information and emission reduction or removal
· Estimates or measurements for the project
· Evaluating the GHG assertion against the agreed-upon verification criteria
· Issuing the validation statement, including any limitations that may be put on the statement
· Keeping records and addressing facts discovered after the
Benefits of ISO 14064 training
· Achieving ISO 14064 training and certification is the optimum way to demonstrate your competence in GHG systems – both mandatory and voluntary schemes (EU ETS, UN CDM, UK MCP, and all other international schemes.
· Internationally recognized CSA / ISO certificate signed by the President of CSA.
· Gain an important competitive edge in the expanding carbon emissions industry.
· Add to your professional development.
· Benefit from the practical work based on real life GHG case studies, taught by experienced experts and certified by CSA.
· Become the recognised expert in your own workplace for GHG quantifications, Emission reduction projects and GHG Validation and/or Verification.
· Enable employers to be recognised for their proactive approach to sustainability and emissions management.
· Be part of a global expert community.
More information and booking
Find out more about this and other ISO 14064 courses email email@example.com or telephone us today on +44 207 397 8500